Recent comments on posts in the blog:

What I did was for FMC connector on MicroZed FMC carrier card. If you develop your own carrier card, follow http://zedboard.org/sites/default/files/documentations/MicroZed_Carrier_Design_Guide_rev_1_5.pdf.
Comment by wsh Wed Mar 9 13:40:57 2016
Hi, I am using kicad too, I want to build a carrier card for microzed, do you have any specifications of as to the footprint used in the carrier card?
Comment by Anonymous Wed Mar 9 13:21:15 2016
I want to carry out the same task as you did because the inspiration of opal-rt realtime simulation tool-set. it can achieve realtime simulation with sample rate >100kHz. the target runs redhat linux. I am just starting work on it, my goal is to achieve 1khz sample rate hard realtime execuation of control algorithm. As there are limited research and support from mathworks and community, i think your work may provide a good base. thank you.
Comment by Anonymous Mon Dec 28 08:47:02 2015
Comment by Anonymous Mon Dec 28 08:46:23 2015
Comment by Anonymous Mon Dec 28 08:45:34 2015

Hi Ran,

Embedded coder generates both C code and Makefile. It also calls make to compile the code and optionally it can also download the binary to the target hardware. All of this is controlled by various templates and Matlab functions in the code generation target. The process of creating new code generation target is not conceptually difficult, but you need to read a lot of documentation. Some things are quite tricky to get right.

Comment by wsh Wed Jul 1 11:25:42 2015

Hi, I have not yet started working with Embedded coder nor Simulink coder. But I wander what is the exact prcoess of genrating linux application. Is it genrating c code with Embedded coder and then compile it into binary by myself? I will eventually need to work with Altera FPGA. It is described as if embedded coder knows how to generate code for this ARM FPGA. I wander if it will be straitforward or wether Ineed to use sone ert linux target.

Regards Ran

Comment by Anonymous Sat Jun 27 13:49:03 2015

Regards Ran

Comment by Anonymous Sat Jun 27 13:48:26 2015

Hi Ran,

1. The difference between ert_linux and RTAI-Lab is that for RTAI-Lab, you need to install RTAI in addition to “plain Linux”. ert_linux can be used with plain Linux. Of course, if you need real-time response, you should use rt-preempt kernel. This kernel is already shipped by many distributions and sooner or later it will be merged into mainline Linux.

The difference between rt-preempt and RTAI is that RTAI is able to achieve slightly lower latencies, but it has more limited hardware support. rt-preempt runs almost everywhere, where normal Linux runs.

2. I don’t know RTLT, but it seems pretty outdated and I doubt it will work today.

3. We setup ert_linux homepage. You can find more information there. Currently, we do not work on improving ert_linux much, because we do not have any project where it is needed, but we plan to maintain it in a long term.

4. Reagrding multi-threading support, we are adding it to our another target, which is not public. If there is time, we will add it to ert_linux as well.

– Michal

Comment by wsh Thu Jun 25 11:14:25 2015

Hi,

Is there any update for this page ? The conclusion leaves some concern about multiple threads…

Regards, Ran